Sitemap
Dinas Mawddwy
The village of Dinas Mawddwy in Merionethshire was once owned by John Mytton of Halston in Shropshire. His life is recorded in the 'Memoirs of the Life of the Late John Mytton Esq', written in 1835 by the sporting writer, Charles James Apperley, better known as 'Nimrod'. In 1856, the Dinas Mawddwy estate was bought by Edmund Buckley of Manchester (1780-1867). The documents which follow relate to the development of the estate and the building of the Mawddwy Railway by his son, Sir Edmund Buckley (1832-1910).
     
Copyright Julian Hunt 2017